New Mexico Hospitals Receive Funds to Build Telehealth Broadband Network

As part of the Rural Health Care Pilot Program, several New Mexico healthcare organizations will receive funds from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to build a telehealth broadband network infrastructure over the next four years, according to a New Mexico Business Weekly report.

The FCC's Rural Health Care Pilot Program facilitates the creation of a nationwide broadband network dedicated to connecting public and non-profit healthcare providers in rural and urban locations.

The healthcare organizations receiving the money had to apply to be part of the pilot project. They include San Juan Regional Medical Center in Farmington, N.M., The University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center in Albuquerque, N.M., and Presbyterian Healthcare Services in Albuquerque, according to the report.

The FCC will fund 85 percent of the cost of the broadband network infrastructure, and the organizations will fund the remaining 15 percent, according to the report.

More Articles on Telehealth Infrastructure:

Health IT Roundtable: What Are the Biggest Health IT Issues Going Into 2013?
4 Best Practices in Telemedicine from IU Health
8 Best Practices in Telemedicine

 

 

 


© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2018. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.

 

Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months