25 latest hospital, health system executive moves
The following hospital and health system executive moves were reported by Becker's Hospital Review in the last week. They are listed below, beginning with the most recent.
1. Marquette, Mich.-based UP Health System Market President Jim Bogan is retiring in the spring of 2017.
2. Boston Children's Hospital appointed David Williams, MD, chief scientific officer.
3. Beckley, W.Va.-based Raleigh General Hospital selected Matt Roberts as its new CEO, effective Nov. 14, 2016.
4. West Des Moines, Iowa-based Mercy Health Network President and CEO David H. Vellinga plans to retire in 2017, ending a 43-year career in healthcare.
5. Flint, Mich.-based McLaren Health Care appointed Robert F. Flora, MD, MBA, chief academic officer/designated institutional officer.
6. IU Health Bloomington (Ind.) Hospital appointed Brian Shockney COO.
7. Elkader, Iowa-based Central Community Hospital appointed Brooke Kensinger CEO.
8. Passavant Area Hospital in Jacksonville, Ill., an affiliate of Springfield, Ill.-based Memorial Health System, named Harry Schmidt president and CEO.
9. Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center in Lafayette, La., announced the retirement of CEO William F. Barrow next year.
10. Methodist Dallas Medical Center appointed Leslie Cler, MD, CMO.
11. Centennial, Colo.-based Centura Health named Edward H. Sim group president of its Mountains and North Denver Operating Group and CEO of St. Anthony Hospital in Lakewood, effective Jan. 3, 2017.
12. Bullhead City-based Western Arizona Regional Medical Center selected Tom Salerno to serve as CEO.
13. Gallipolis, Ohio-based Holzer Health System tapped Michael Canady, MD, to serve as its permanent CEO.
14. Baltimore-based Sheppard Pratt Health System named Ray Dziesinski, MBA, vice president and CFO, effective Nov. 7.
15. Arlington Heights, Ill.-based Amita Health appointed G. Thor Thordarson executive vice president and COO and Stuart Marcus, MD, chief clinical officer, a newly created position.
16. Springfield, Ohio-based Community Mercy Health Partners President and CEO Paul Hiltz is retiring, effective Dec. 31, 2016.
17. Paris (Texas) Regional Medical Center has appointed Donald McDaniel CFO.
18. Cleveland-based University Hospitals CMO Michael Anderson, MD, is leaving to take over as president of UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital in San Francisco, effective Dec. 31.
19. Maui Memorial Medical Center in Wailuku, Hawaii, announced its CEO Wesley Lo is leaving.
20. Citizens Baptist Medical Center in Talladega, Ala., tapped Doug Brewer to serve as CEO.
21. New York City-based Mount Sinai Health System selected Jeremy Boal, MD, to take over as president of Mount Sinai Downtown and the downsized Mount Sinai Beth Israel in New York City.
22. Lower Keys Medical Center in Key West, Fla., named David Clay CEO, effective Nov. 28.
23. Boone, N.C.-based Appalachian Regional Healthcare System named Charles Franklin Mantooth CEO, effective Jan. 27, 2017.
24. Christus Spohn Hospital Alice (Texas) named David LeMonte president.
25. St. Louis-based BJC HealthCare appointed Joan Magruder group president.
More articles on executive moves:
Henry Ford Health System appoints Annmarie Erickson VP of governance: 3 points
Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center CEO William Barrow to retire in 2017
12 latest hospital, health system CEO moves
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.