1. 9 recent hospital, health system CEO moves Full story
2. Police kill armed patient at Baylor Scott & White hospital Full story
3. Michigan hospital preps to lay off 194 workers as closure looms Full story
4. As healthcare gears up for a more collaborative future, it’s crucial for CIOs and stakeholders to plan effectively for a seamless, smart collaboration experience that will deliver the best experience for patients and clinicians alike. Learn more here.
5. Missouri health system reverses decision to stop offering emergency contraceptives Full story
6. $25 minimum wage for some LA healthcare workers approved Full story
7. Hospital leaders are using the wrong information to make expensive operating room decisions. Here's how one Florida hospital increased primetime utilization by more than 8%.
8. Union urges Seattle Children's to invest in permanent nurses more than travel workers Full story
9. Trinity Health combines ministries, restructures leadership in New York Full story
10. UF Health names chief diversity officer Full story
11. 69% of hospitals rely on vendor solutions that could exacerbate revenue leakage. Set a new course for financial excellence here.
12. Nonprofit hospitals face mounting financial pressures: 4 things to know Full story
13. HCA, UPMC + 4 hospitals planning expansions Full story
14. Nurse leader at hospital where 7 gallons of fentanyl went missing has license reinstated Full story
15. Stats by state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Just 31% of health systems are taking advantage of this opportunity to attract and retain patients. See what it is here.
2. Game-changing EHR improvements at Intermountain, how one hospital CIO managed to grow ranks during the pandemic and more. These 10 must-reads offer practical advice for digital health investment.
3. Cone Health staff can quickly fill 93% of patients' medication history in Epic. Learn how AI is reducing the system's need for phone calls and manual entry.
Follow us on social media:
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn