17 health IT mergers, acquisitions in Q1 2017
Here are 17 health IT mergers and acquisitions reported in the first quarter of 2017.
1. IBM said it would acquire Agile 3 Solutions, a cybersecurity risk visualization startup.
2. The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative — an organization launched by Facebook Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg and his wife Dr. Priscilla Chan — entered an agreement to acquire the artificial intelligence startup Meta.
3. Sarah Cannon, a Nashville, Tenn.-based cancer institute of Hospital Corporation of America, entered a merger with Genospace, a cloud-based software company focused on advancing personalized medicine.
4. RxWiki, a digital health company, merged with TeleManager Technologies, a communications solutions company, to create Digital Pharmacist.
5. DrFirst, a technology solutions company, acquired VisibilityRx, which specializes in clinical trial recruitment services.
6. Aprima Medical Software — an EHR, practice management and revenue cycle management solutions provider for medical practices — purchased Healthcare Data Solutions, a former Aprima reseller.
1. Specialists On Call, a telemedicine provider and portfolio company of the private equity firm Warburg Pincus, acquired NeuroCall, a telestroke and teleneurology company.
2. The technology company IntegraONE acquired Quatro Systems, a managed services provider and systems integrator.
3. Medfusion, a patient experience solutions provider, entered into a binding agreement to acquire certain assets belonging to NexSched, a company that specializes in self-scheduling solutions.
1. McKesson and Change Healthcare completed a merger that combined the majority of McKesson Technology Solutions and substantially all of Change Healthcare's businesses.
2. GlobalMed, a provider of telemedicine delivery solutions, acquired TreatMD.
3. Omega Healthcare Management Services acquired WhiteSpace Health, a healthcare analytics company.
4. HMS Holdings, a benefits coordination and care management solutions provider for payers, said it would purchase Eliza Corp.
5. GE Healthcare expanded its maternal-infant care portfolio with the acquisition of Monica Healthcare, a United Kingdom-based fetal monitoring technology company.
6. GPB Capital, a private equity firm, acquired the healthcare software assets of NTT Data to create Cantata Health.
7. Intermedix Corp., a health IT company, completed its acquisition of WPC Healthcare.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.