1. NorthShore University Health called in 20 physicians to treat July 4th parade shooting victims Full story
2. PeaceHealth cuts travel nurse budget, struggles with staff shortage Full story
3. Ransomware attack on finance company affects 600 hospitals, practices Full story
4. Persisting through tragedy isn't something anyone plans for their life. But, when Dr. Ilan Alhadeff tragically lost his daughter he knew he had to do just that. He became an advocate and change-maker in school safety to honor Alyssa's memory. Read his story here.
5. COVID-19 cases to jump 32% by July 16 + 2 more forecasts Full story
6. CMS' proposed rule for Rural Emergency Hospital designations: 8 things to know Full story
7. The patient care experience goes beyond the exam room. Learn from University of Michigan Health-West why patient engagement technology helps patients feel connected.
8. Cigna, Aetna among payers that will cover employees' abortion travel costs Full story
9. The caveat of payers' current posted prices Full story
10. New Hampshire system to join Beth Israel Lahey Health Full story
11. Building a Culture of Well-Being: A Physician & Nurse Discuss Approaches to Clinician Wellness
12. Emory Healthcare names Rashard Johnson CEO of 3 hospitals Full story
13. Northwell nurse to receive Presidential Medal of Freedom Full story
14. New tech shouldn't stress out staff, hospital CIOs say Full story
15. Stats by state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. A 350-bed hospital can gain $22 million in annual revenue by focusing on financial performance rather than managing revenue cycle costs — here's how your health system can standardize RCM and focus on what's really important.
2. The cost of in-office procedures is rising. See how leading ENT practices are reining them in, while still expanding care here.
3. Let your RNs work at the top of their license. Learn how Ochsner Health + Saint Luke's benefited from virtual nursing.
Follow us on social media:
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn