Gallup: 7 Ways to Enhance Patient Safety
A partnership between
The survey showed that to take advantage of the additive nature of employee safety and employee engagement, administrators should:
1. Ensure adequate staffing. Keep enough staff on hand to manage patient care in a reasonable fashion.
2. Limit use of temporary staff.
3. Implement a culture of transparency. It allows staff to better understand, implement and respond to best practices.
4. Monitor knowledge transfer about patients between shifts so that important information is not overlooked.
5. Encourage feedback from staff to leadership on patient safety.
6. Respond to staff feedback about patient safety to let them know their suggestions are valued, regardless of implementation.
7. Keep staff members informed of errors and discuss them as learning experiences so that they do not occur again.
More Articles on Quality:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality