1. 4 EHR contracts, installs costing over $100 million in 2020 Full story
2. Biden begins building healthcare team: 5 things to know Full story
3. UVM Medical Center reverts to faxing COVID-19 data: 4 details Full story
4. Your input is needed! Becker's Healthcare is hosting a survey focused on Hospital Readiness in 2021. Click here to fill out the 5 minute survey to receive a complementary badge to a Becker's conference and an e-book of the findings.
5. Northwell rolls out COVID-19 screening chatbot for New York employers Full story
6. HHS expands telehealth across state lines in fight against COVID-19 Full story
7. 3 recent health IT exec moves Full story
8. COVID-19 data does not yet reflect Thanksgiving Full story
9. 3 Must Reads
- Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, healthcare organizations must learn to quickly pivot to the new normal and bolster their preparedness efforts for the future. Click here to learn more.
- 6 strategies to bolster hospital 'rainy day' funds. A quick guide for healthcare leaders.
- Is your health system in compliance with the new CMS Condition of Participation? Click here for a compliance checklist and to find out if you meet minimum requirements.
10. US aims to give 100 million COVID-19 vaccine doses by end of February Full story
11. NewYork-Presbyterian, Weill Cornell team up on genomic technologies initiative Full story
12. UCSF, Cornell's health records app for Androids to connect with 340 health systems by 2021 Full story
13. Purdue University, Cincinnati Children's Hospital & more systems join data initiative for COVID-19 drug discovery Full story
14. One healthcare partnership propelled primary and specialty care virtual visits to new heights during the pandemic. Click here to learn why their strategy paid off for patients.
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Glycemic control is critical for managing all patients, especially during the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to learn best practices to improve patient outcomes.
2. 5 pillars for HAI prevention — what hospital leaders should know about the power of clean. Click here to find fact sheets and best practices.
3. Continuous clinical surveillance may be the key to mitigating adverse events for good. Click here to lean more.