1. Tenet strikes $1.1B deal for 45 surgery centers Full story
2. 21 hospital closures in 2020 Full story
3. Colorado hospital breaks ties with Quorum Full story
4. Calling all CFOs - We'd love your feedback in the 2020 Employee Benefits/Health Plan Survey for Hospitals and Health Systems. Survey participants will receive a complimentary badge to a Becker's Hospital Review Conference.
5. Indiana hospitals ordered to halt elective surgeries by Dec. 16 Full story
6. Private equity pushes into healthcare: 9 latest deals Full story
7. Stanford Medicine, Dignity Health ink affiliation agreement Full story
8. The average cost of a hospital COVID-19 test in each state Full story
9. 3 Must Reads:
- 4 steps to increase patient volumes and facilitate revenue recovery in 2021. Click here to download the guidebook.
- Are you still capturing informed consent on paper? Find out how going mobile improves workflow, improves patient satisfaction.
- Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, healthcare organizations must learn to quickly pivot to the new normal and bolster their preparedness efforts for the future. Click here to learn more.
10. Henry Ford to build 192-bed mental health hospital Full story
11. Hospitals in Kansas, Montana get new names Full story
12. US sees most COVID-19 deaths in 1 day; FDA panel to vote on Pfizer vaccine today — 5 updates Full story
13. How big is your hospital's rainy day fund? You can grow it by clicking here to learning how to maintain cashflow while maximizing investment returns.
14. UVM Health cyberattack losses to exceed $63M: 5 details Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Surgical backlogs plagued nearly every health system in 2020. Click here to learn how some of the best systems navigated that change.
2. What do nearly 4k patients say about the healthcare financial experience? Click here to see the results of the 2020 survey.
3. The fight against healthcare turnover — A 5-chapter guide to improve retention and staff hard-to-fill positions. Click here to read the guide.