1. 7 recent hospital, health system CEO moves Full story
2. US sees most COVID-19 deaths in 1 day; FDA panel to vote on Pfizer vaccine today — 5 updates Full story
3. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
4. Calling all CEOs - We'd love your feedback in the 2020 Employee Benefits/Health Plan Survey for Hospitals and Health Systems. Survey participants will receive a complimentary badge to a Becker's Hospital Review Conference.
5. Erlanger board committee approves $50,000 performance bonus for CEO Full story
6. Stanford Medicine, Dignity Health ink affiliation agreement Full story
7. Hiring during a pandemic requires a new strategy. Click here to join the discussion about talent management strategies that will save money and improve staff quality.
8. Colorado hospital breaks ties with Quorum Full story
9. The average cost of a hospital COVID-19 test in each state Full story
10. 3 Must Reads
- Health system resilience: A tactical guide for building stronger organizations and reaching more patients. Click here to read more.
- 11 must-reads for hospital leaders looking to get the most out of their IT investments in 2021. Click here to read more.
- Effortless interoperability in the era of virtual care — tips for health system leaders. Click here to read more.
11. Care New England CEO rebuffs bid from financial turnaround firm Full story
12. Leapfrog names pandemic heroes of the year Full story
13. California system alleges Kaiser tried to monopolize health insurance market Full story
14. The best advice from CEOs in 2020 Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. How well are you really communicating with patients today? Click here for 10 strategies to better reach patients and improve care.
2. Community health systems can achieve more from the innovations they create themselves. Click here to learn how the right technology makes that possible.
3. What can a survey of 1,000 healthcare consumers and 75 health plan executives tell us about the shift to home-based healthcare in 2020 and beyond. Click here to find out.