1. 3 healthcare executive actions Biden plans to take today Full story
2. New US variant may be driving California's surge — 6 COVID-19 updates Full story
3. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
4. Was your hospital affected by mass cancellations of nonurgent procedures in 2020? Click here to learn how to better manage the surgery backlog in 2021.
5. Heights Hospital in Houston closes over unpaid rent Full story
6. Rhode Island physician deliberately exposed patients, staff to COVID-19, health director finds Full story
7. Don't Miss Learning Opportunities:
- The bridge between the consumer experience and clinical care — How Saint Joseph Mercy Health System is engaging patients and detecting cancer early. Click here to attend the virtual event.
- How to minimize the financial losses and promote surge preparedness — Lessons from a pandemic. Click here to download the e-book.
- Download this white paper to learn how pediatric hospitals can recover from the pandemic and take advantage of CMS' increased reimbursement rates by expanding telehealth.
8. Pipeline Health names new CEO Full story
9. Corner Office: Henry Ford Health System exec says she's driven by golden rule Full story
10. Ease the burden on your health system by using analytics to keep costs down and optimize resources. Join the live discussion here.
11. 8 healthcare groups suspending political donations to lawmakers who rejected election results Full story
12. 10 hospitals hiring COOs Full story
13. Maine hospital pauses pay raises amid CEO search, financial struggles Full story
14. Misinformation vs. disinformation: What's the difference? Full story
15. Oklahoma hospital exec runs 46 miles to honor nurses Full story
16. 8 recent hospital, health system executive resignations Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Download this white paper to learn how pediatric hospitals can recover from the pandemic and take advantage of CMS' increased reimbursement rates by expanding telehealth.
2. The 5 phases of a third-party data breach + prevention strategies for hospitals. Click here to read more.
3. Outsourcing can be an innovative way to stay competitive in today's hospital market. Click here to learn how one health system achieved this via a strategic revenue cycle partnership.