1. Intermountain, UnitedHealthcare launch ACO Full story
2. Healthcare spending hits $3.8 trillion: 8 things to know Full story
3. Houston home health agency owners charged in $10M Medicare billing scam Full story
4. 3 Must Reads:
- What do nearly 4k patients say about the healthcare financial experience? Click here to see the results of the 2020 survey.
- How well do you understand consumer attitudes toward medical billing and payment? Download this whitepaper to discover how patients approach and interpret healthcare bills.
- Health system resilience: A tactical guide for building stronger organizations and reaching more patients. Click here to read more.
5. HHS doling out $24.5B in relief payments to hospitals Full story
6. 9 hospitals seeking RCM talent Full story
7. 1 in 3 would defer COVID-19 care to avoid medical bills Full story
8. A paper-based informed consent process can put your system at legal and financial risk. Click here to learn how one health system made it mobile.
9. Why pay for public hospital CEOs is kept secret in Indiana Full story
10. Pennsylvania physician sentenced for involuntary manslaughter Full story
11. 65,000 patients to be affected by BCBS of Texas, CHI St. Luke's split Full story
12. The butterfly effect and denials prevention — How Magnolia Regional Health Center reduced denials by 50 percent. Click here to view the on-demand presentation.
13. Biden, Pence to take COVID-19 vaccine publicly Full story
14. Johns Hopkins creates COVID-19 death risk calculator Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 11 must-reads for hospital leaders looking to get the most out of their IT investments in 2021. Click here to read more.
2. The telehealth connection: How technology is revolutionizing remote patient care. Click here to read the report.
3. 1/3 of primary care physicians aren't notified when their patient is hospitalized. Click here to learn how to drive down readmissions through better communication.