1. Billing errors resulted in $23.6M in overpayments to Nevada hospital, OIG finds Full story
2. UnitedHealthcare squeezes competition like a 'boa constrictor,' physicians say Full story
3. Behavioral health CEO, VP face kickback, fraudulent billing charges Full story
4. Patients expect a better digital experience. Click here to learn how it helps capture revenue and reduces costs.
5. Investment group calls for ouster of HCA director Full story
6. California hospital corrects vaccine billing error affecting 5,800+ Full story
7. At 1 Sutter hospital, commercial insurance rates for same procedure vary sevenfold Full story
8. CMS recouping advanced Medicare payments Full story
9. What health systems can learn from an analysis of 140,000+ post-acute episodes. Address readmission costs and strengthen post-acute network relationships with insight from this whitepaper. Download here.
10. 18% of Americans donated to a medical crowdfunding campaign in past year Full story
11. 10 for-profit insurers, ranked by share of Medicare Advantage Full story
12. Chicago's Mercy Hospital finalizes deal to stay open Full story
13. What are healthcare CFOs' top goals right now, and how should they accomplish them? Find insights on cost control, capital projects, healthcare policy and more in these upcoming webinars.
14. 18 recent hospital, health system executive moves Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. There are new guidelines to prevent pressure injuries at US hospitals. Click here for key findings on studies outlining new technology's role
2. There's a better way to communicate with ED patients. Click here to learn how Hackensack Meridian Health boosted patient satisfaction scores.
3. Close the gap between lost revenues and positive cash flow through guided claim recovery. Learn more here.