1. Johns Hopkins adds county-level hospital, ICU data to daily COVID-19 updates Full story
2. Amazon wants to offer primary care to other employers, report says Full story
3. Gmail disrupted 2nd time this week: 5 details Full story
4. Anticipate patient needs in 2020 to thrive in a rapidly evolving healthcare landscape. Join this virtual discussion for more on transforming the patient experience.
5. California hospitals use own EHRs after issues with county's COVID-19 vaccine-tracking system Full story
6. Mount Sinai AI predicts outcomes for COVID-19 patients in the ER: 5 details Full story
7. Cerner to acquire clinical research company Kantar Health for $375M: 5 details Full story
8. US cases up 51% in 1 month; surges slow in some Midwest states — 6 COVID-19 updates Full story
9. 3 Must Reads
- What do Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian and Hackensack University Medical Center have in common? A commitment to surgical excellence. Click here to read more.
- 1/3 of primary care physicians aren't notified when their patient is hospitalized. Click here to learn how to drive down readmissions through better communication.
- 11 must-reads for hospital leaders looking to get the most out of their IT investments in 2021. Click here to read more.
10. AdventHealth joins clinical biotech research initiative on age-related diseases: 3 things to know Full story
11. Optum welcomes back CEO & 9 other health IT notes Full story
12. Allscripts taps Microsoft Azure to power new EHR platform: 3 notes Full story
13. 15+ government agencies partner with Salesforce on COVID-19 vaccine management platform Full story
14. 70 percent of digital transformation initiatives do not reach their goals. Click here to learn how to make sure your initiatives are successful.
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Don't risk putting off archiving legacy systems. Click here to learn how to do it quickly and securely using today’s Cloud technologies.
2. Community health systems can achieve more from the innovations they create themselves. Click here to learn how the right technology makes that possible.
3. Does your health system have a digital engagement strategy that coincides with its transformation goals? Download this whitepaper to learn how Bon Secours Mercy Health formulated its digital backbone.