1. Minnesota hospital fired 5 employees for wrongly viewing medical records following George Floyd's death Full story
2. 4-day Nebraska Medicine computer system outage wreaking havoc at 2 health systems Full story
3. CHS associate pays $2.3M HIPAA settlement: 4 details Full story
4. How telehealth expansion in 2020 will shape the future of healthcare. Click here to attend the live virtual discussion.
5. Google to pilot 'hybrid' remote work models instead of employees' full return to offices Full story
6. Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare debuts Oct. 30: 6 details Full story
7. Massachusetts hospital to install Epic EHR after acquisition: 3 details Full story
8. MedStar Health, Children's Hospital Corp. win ONC funding for data sharing projects Full story
9. How your team's response to COVID-19 compares to other organizations — a tech-focused discussion. Click here to attend.
10. Pennsylvania launches privacy-focused app alerting people when they've encountered someone with COVID-19 Full story
11. Geisinger warns of phone spoofing scams, launches digital info hub Full story
12. Blue Shield of California offers free Wi-Fi for members needing telehealth services: 4 details Full story
13. EHR clinical decision support tools help health systems reduce costs, study finds Full story
14. Digital innovation will differentiate the good health systems from the great ones. Join Becker's Health IT + Revenue Cycle Virtual Event where experts in health IT will share strategies that can impact your future.
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Why this North Carolina health system committed to modernizing the patient experience. Click here to attend the discussion.
2. How Penn State Health and Norman Regional Health System rapidly scaled telehealth offerings amid a pandemic. Click here to watch the discussion.
3. Crisis management, the cloud and the CIO — A technology-focused overview of healthcare's rapid response to COVID-19.