1. Why pay for public hospital CEOs is kept secret in Indiana Full story
2. Chicago's Mercy Hospital can't close, Illinois regulators say Full story
3. 10 cities with the most people in financial distress amid COVID-19 Full story
4. The rise of ransomware in the era of interconnectivity — What hospital leaders need to know to protect patient data. Click here to read the report.
5. Washington hospital sells for $20M Full story
6. Mass General Brigham reports steep operating loss with $546M in federal aid Full story
7. 10 hospitals seeking CFOs Full story
8. Johns Hopkins creates COVID-19 death risk calculator Full story
9. The 2020 Employee Benefits + Health Plan Survey for Hospitals and Health Systems. Click here to participate and receive a complimentary badge to a future Becker's conference.
10. Cincinnati Children's names new CFO Full story
11. Froedtert opens 2 hospitals Full story
12. UnitedHealth buys plan from Tufts, Harvard Pilgrim to address antitrust concerns Full story
13. 3 Must Reads:
- What do nearly 4k patients say about the healthcare financial experience? Click here to see the results of the 2020 survey.
- What will be the pandemic's biggest effects in the years to come? Click here to learn what healthcare leaders think.
- What can CFOs learn from an analysis of more than 100M hospital transactions? Click here to read the 2020 Denials Index.
14. Oak Street Health, Walmart open 3 clinics in Texas Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Does your organization have a digital, frictionless billing and payment system? Download this whitepaper to learn how to innovate the patient financial experience.
2. What do Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian and Hackensack University Medical Center have in common? A commitment to surgical excellence. Click here to read more.
3. The COVID-19 crisis is reshaping infection prevention. Click here to learn how.