1. Financial fallout from COVID-19: 9 hospitals laying off workers Full story
2. Mayo Clinic workers to recover pandemic-related salary cuts, get $1,000 bonuses Full story
3. UnitedHealth accused of illegally deflating reimbursements Full story
4. EM/HM integration led a Nashville hospital to a 62% drop in boarding times. See more.
5. CHS, Tenet and UHS shares drop over ACA uncertainty Full story
6. Florida physician pleads guilty to submitting $20M in fraudulent claims Full story
7. Private equity pushes into healthcare: 6 recent deals Full story
8. The rise of the patient financial diagnostic — how to harness patients' financial profiles to boost the bottom line. Click here to attend the live virtual discussion.
9. 10 hospitals seeking CFOs Full story
10. HHS unveils reporting requirements for COVID-19 relief funds: 6 things to know Full story
11. Broward Health hires 2 hospital CFOs Full story
12. Billing has changed for single-use endoscopes. Click here for expert advice on processing payment.
13. Geisinger fires employee for inappropriately accessing 700+ patients' medical records Full story
14. Where hospital employees have tested positive for COVID-19: September Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 2020 ushered in a new era of care delivery. Click here to learn how to build the next-gen communication infrastructure necessary to support healthcare's future.
2. Is your hospital facing financial losses due to the pandemic? Click here to learn three strategies for reversing declines and stabilizing revenue.
3. The solution to patient hesitancy: How remote intake can help increase volumes without crowding the waiting room. Click here to read more.