1. Piedmont's acquisition of 11 hospitals needs FTC scrutiny, nurses say Full story
2. Hospitals blast UnitedHealth profits Full story
3. Kaiser CFO's advice to healthcare leaders: 'Get comfortable with being uncomfortable' Full story
4. Patients will ask about medical bills. Help your providers answer them.
5. False claim recovery in 2020: $3.1B, OIG says Full story
6. Some hospitals using trauma activation fee as 'revenue generator,' report says Full story
7. Hospital RCM teams should play offense, not defense. Click here to learn how to prevent denied claims.
8. Cost of treating firearm injuries in US hospitals exceeds $1B annually: GAO Full story
9. Hospital M&A update: 12 recent deals Full story
10. Many hospitals are still not fully compliant with price transparency requirements. Avoid penalites with tips from this virtual discussion.
11. New York City medical center rejects city's proposal to make it a public hospital Full story
12. 9 health systems among best workplaces for disability inclusion Full story
13. Once bankrupt North Carolina hospital to be profitable in 90 days, new owner says Full story
14. Hackensack Meridian + 33 hospitals, health systems mandating vaccines for workers Full story
15. 10 recent healthcare industry lawsuits, settlements Full story
16. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. From Tvs to the EHR. Here's how Intermountain Healthcare got telehealth in every room.
2. Healthcare staffing needs a reckoning. Learn how to rethink your workforce model and why not doing so will cost you more.
3. What tech solutions are helping hospitals + health systems stay on top of mission critical goals? Becker's surveyed dozens of execs to find out. Click here to read the brief summary.