Listen to highlights of key stories in our daily briefing podcast.
1. Physician shortage forces Arizona hospital to shut down ICU Full story
2. Mass General Brigham moves forward with $2B in capital projects Full story
3. OSF HealthCare to add 15th hospital Full story
4. How Intermountain Health and Henry Ford Health System are making the patient financial experience frictionless. Click here to attend the live discussion.
5. Humana to open 100+ Medicare centers by 2023 Full story
6. California hospital COO disciplined over vaccine scandal Full story
7. Bon Secours to end inpatient care, emergency services at Virginia hospital Full story
8. Biden to pick nurse as acting surgeon general Full story
9. Recent payer-provider collaboration signifies a paradigm shift in healthcare. Click here to learn why payers, providers and patients stand to benefit.
10. Children's Hospital Los Angeles receives $25M gift from anonymous donor Full story
11. Illinois rejects Trinity's plan to build outpatient facility where it's closing a hospital Full story
12. COVID-19 hospitalizations fall, but deaths rise; US boosts states' vaccine supplies — 6 updates Full story
13. Don't let an outdated payment structure hold your organization back. Learn how to maximize profits and meet patient expectations during this live virtual discussion.
14. 2 dead in hostage situation at Texas medical office Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. How to minimize the financial losses and promote surge preparedness — Lessons from a pandemic. Click here to download the e-book.
2. Hospital renovations can disrupt sterile processing. Click here to learn how to maintain uptime processing and maintain surgical volume.
3. Specificity is the new black: How granular insights create big changes in reimbursement