1. St. Luke's health system's CEO abruptly resigns Full story
2. 11 recent hospital, health system CEO moves Full story
3. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
4. Calling all CEOs - We'd love your feedback in the 2020 Employee Benefits/Health Plan Survey for Hospitals and Health Systems. Survey participants will receive exclusive access to Becker's HR + Talent Virtual Event sessions.
5. US sees 195K+ daily cases; winter may be 'most difficult time' in public health history, Redfield says — 6 COVID-19 updates Full story
6. Tennessee hospital blames involuntary diversion for closure Full story
7. 3 Must Reads
- Glycemic control is critical for managing all patients, especially during the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to learn best practices to improve patient outcomes.
- What do nearly 4k patients say about the healthcare financial experience? Click here to see the results of the 2020 survey.
- Not getting the most out of your organization's surgical service lines? This report outlines the three things you need to recalibrate your delivery of high-quality care.
8. 1,200 Midwest Mayo Clinic workers sidelined by COVID-19 Full story
9. COVID-19 sidelines 1,100 Cleveland Clinic workers Full story
10. New biologic technology aids bone formation. Click here for details and data showing its effectiveness.
11. Biden narrows picks to lead HHS, FDA Full story
12. Lifespan opens 600-bed alternative hospital as standard capacity shrinks Full story
13. 10 hospitals hiring VPs Full story
14. Corner Office: U of Pennsylvania Health System CEO Kevin Mahoney on how a tractor accident shaped his career Full story
15. 7 recent hospital, health system executive retirements Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The key to a more financially productive primary care practice is the membership-based model. Click here to learn how 1,100 successful practices have followed that path.
2. Clinicians support means providing access to up-to-date treatment protocols. Find out how to provide that kind of reliable support.
3. Stop flying blind and gain service visibility to improve IT operations and EHR services. Click here to learn more.