1. Community Health Systems CEO moving to executive chair; COO tapped as successor Full story
2. HCA execs keep cost-cutting plan in back pocket for next year Full story
3. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
4. Give clinicians the gift of mobility — why instant access to patient records is a must for modern healthcare providers. Click here to attend the virtual presentation.
5. 44,000 Americans hospitalized; Medicare, Medicaid to cover COVID-19 vaccines with emergency authorization — 5 updates Full story
6. Massachusetts hospital COVID-19 outbreak may be tied to employees eating together Full story
7. Hiring during a pandemic requires a new strategy. Click here to join the discussion about talent management strategies that will save money and improve staff quality.
8. Tennessee hospital to reopen after 6 years Full story
9. Intermountain + Sanford: 5 things to know about the $15B merger Full story
10. Are you ready for the evaluation and management changes coming in 2021? Click here for a deeper dive into guideline changes that will affect your organization.
11. Health execs from 110 Michigan hospitals make public plea as hospitalizations surge Full story
12. Former Verity Health CEO takes helm from billionaire as CEO of biotech company Full story
13. Kaiser hospital shuts down Southern California ORs due to staff shortage, air quality Full story
14. 6 health systems opening hospitals Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, healthcare organizations must learn to quickly pivot to the new normal and bolster their preparedness efforts for the future. Click here to learn more.
2. Not getting the most out of your organization's surgical service lines? This report outlines the three things you need to recalibrate your delivery of high-quality care.
3. 10 plays to overcome 2020 financial challenges and return to profitability. Click here to read the hospital executive playbook.