Listen to highlights of key stories in today's newsletter in our daily briefing podcast.
1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. First healthcare workers vaccinated today; hospitalizations near 110,000 — 5 COVID-19 updates Full story
3. Hospitals prepare to vaccinate workers: 6 things to know Full story
4. Lung Cancer Diagnoses Have Declined Due to COVID-19, Patient Education and Awareness Must Be Part of the Response. Click here to read more.
5. Where are the 29 Leapfrog straight-'A' hospitals? Full story
6. Where are the 16 Leapfrog 'F' hospitals? Full story
7. The rise of ransomware in the era of interconnectivity — What hospital leaders need to know to protect patient data. Click here to read the report.
8. AHA: 28 recommended actions for Biden in first 100 days Full story
9. UPMC to acquire 3rd hospital in Ireland Full story
10. CHS wants to refinance up to $2B in debt Full story
11. 3 Must Reads
- Does your laboratory have the right IT tools to weather the COVID-19 storm? Download this whitepaper to understand which tools will help you face challenges most efficiently.
- Still calling you patients? Click here to find out why texting them will bring about better results for your practice.
- Telehealth in rural America: Click here to download a 4-step guide to success.
12. Congressional panels agree on plan to ban surprise medical bills Full story
13. Lawmakers may split COVID-19 relief package into 2 proposals Full story
14. Good digital transactions start with identity verification. Click here to find out how healthcare organizations can start to address that challenge.
15. Moody's: Outlook negative for nonprofit hospitals Full story
16. Google outage temporarily took down Gmail, G Suite apps: 3 details Full story