1. HCA, Steward make for 2nd called-off hospital deal within days of FTC challenge Full story
2. Do not buy into 'misguided' assessments of price transparency compliance, AHA says Full story
3. Congressional deal for COVID-19 funds 'all but dead' after heated hearing Full story
4. Medical debt is crushing hospital and patient finances. Healthcare needs a win/win solution — This Louisiana health system may have found it. Click here to learn more.
5. Johns Hopkins Medicine CEO Dr. Paul Rothman readies for July 1 retirement Full story
6. Mayo Clinic CHRO departs Full story
7. How Penn Medicine and St. Elizabeth's Medical Center prevent SSIs after vascular procedures. Get best practices from the health systems here.
8. Kaiser Permanente launches gun violence research center, funds $1.3M in grants Full story
9. Monkeypox infection rates may not be accurate due to lack of testing Full story
10. 33% of top hospital websites send PHI to Facebook, report says Full story
11. Does your payment strategy measure up to patient expectations? Here's how one 16-hospital system increased payments and cut manual reconciliation time in half.
12. CMS curtails frequency of vaccination mandate compliance surveys Full story
13. Illinois travel nurse pay transparency law takes effect July 1 Full story
14. Texas hospital networks infected by malicious code Full story
15. Stats by state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. This California hospital reduced pressure Injuries by 68% in less than two years. Find out how here.
2. Hospitals stand to lose revenue and patients through archaic preadmission testing processes. Here's how one physician overhauled a health system's preoperative system to improve patient experience.
3. Hospitals without interoperability workflows are leaving money on the table. Here are 4 keys to interoperability that improve patient safety, privacy and experience.
Follow us on social media:
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn