1. Omicron patients less likely to be hospitalized, have shorter stays: 6 study findings Full story
2. 17 states where hospitals are experiencing workforce shortages Full story
3. Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes found guilty of fraud Full story
4. Las Vegas court orders UnitedHealthcare to pay millions in punitive damages for underpaying ER Physicians. Hear the full story behind TeamHealth’s fight to protect healthcare heroes in this recent podcast.
5. Saint Vincent nurses ratify contract, end longest nurses strike in Massachusetts history Full story
6. Chicago area hospitals delay nonurgent surgeries after plea from governor Full story
7. Cybersecurity is becoming a board-level issue. Here's what your leaders want to know.
8. Governor asks New York hospitals for greater detail in COVID-19 inpatient reports Full story
9. Delaware declares public health state of emergency Full story
10. Florida hospital shuts down labor and delivery unit amid staffing shortage Full story
11. SCL Health and Community Health Network are reinventing patient relationships — Here's how.
12. Kansas hospital to close ICU amid staffing shortage Full story
13. 2 US regions reporting most flu activity — 7 notes Full story
14. HCA buys 59 urgent care centers in Florida Full story
15. 1 in 5 nurses burned out: 5 findings from Medscape's nurse career satisfaction report Full story
16. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Identity management systems should check 12 boxes. Does yours? Find out here.
2. As tech's use in medicine grows, so does risk exposure. Click here for strategies to prevent malpractice and other risks.
3. Healthcare is betting on precision medicine for a transformation, but barriers remain. Here's how organizations can make it a reality.
Follow us on social media:
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn