35 healthcare organizations named to Fortune's 'The World's Most Admired Companies'
Fortune published its annual list of "The World's Most Admired Companies," and 35 healthcare companies made the cut.
Fortune compiled the list in collaboration with Korn Ferry Hay Group. The partners started with about 1,500 candidate companies, including the 1,000 largest U.S. companies ranked by revenue, along with non-U.S. companies in Fortune's Global 500 database with revenues of $10 billion or more. They then narrowed the pool of companies down to the highest-revenue companies in each industry for a total of 680 companies in 28 countries. The top-rated companies were selected from the pool of 680.
To read the complete methodology, click here.
The following healthcare companies were ranked among the 50 All-Stars within the "World's Most Admired Companies" list.
No. 13: Johnson & Johnson (New Brunswick, N.J.)
No. 23: 3M (St. Paul, Minn.)
No. 43: St. Jude Medical (St. Paul, Minn.)
No. 45: CVS Health (Woonsocket, R.I.)
The following healthcare companies were included on Fortune's general list of "The World's Most Admired Companies." These companies were not ranked.
- Abbott Laboratories (Chicago)
- AbbVie (Chicago)
- Aetna (Hartford, Conn.)
- AmerisourceBergen (Chesterbrook, Pa.)
- Amgen (Thousand Oaks, Calif.)
- Becton Dickinson (Franklin Lakes, N.J.)
- Boston Scientific (Marlborough, Mass.)
- Cardinal Health (Dublin, Ohio)
- Cerner (North Kansas City, Mo.)
- Cigna (Bloomfield, Conn.)
- DaVita (Denver)
- Express Scripts (St. Louis)
- Gilead Sciences (Foster City, Calif.)
- Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Humana (Louisville, Ky.)
- Kindred Healthcare (Louisville, Ky.)
- LifePoint Health (Brentwood, Tenn.)
- Magellan Health (Columbia, Md.)
- McKesson (San Francisco)
- Medtronic (Dublin, Ireland)
- Merck (Kenilworth, N.J.)
- Novartis (Basel, Switzerland)
- Pfizer (New York City)
- Quest Diagnostics (Madison, N.J.)
- Quintiles IMS Holdings (Denver)
- Roche Group (Basel, Switzerland)
- Henry Schein (Melville, N.Y.)
- Stryker (Kalamazoo, Mich.)
- Team Health (Knoxville, Tenn.)
- UnitedHealth Group (Minnetonka, Minn.)
- Universal Health Services (King of Prussia, Pa.)
More articles on rankings and ratings:
5 health systems generating the most positive brand buzz
38 physician-owned hospitals receive top patient ratings
100 top rural and community hospitals
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.