23 latest hospital, health system executive moves
Becker's Hospital Review reported on the following hospital and health system executive moves in the last week. They are listed below, beginning with the most recent.
1. Philadelphia-based University of Pennsylvania Health System/Penn Medicine announced a number of changes to its leadership team:
• Garry Scheib is leaving his roles as COO of the University of Pennsylvania Health System and CEO of the Philadelphia-based Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
• Regina Cunningham, PhD, RN, will serve as Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania's CEO.
• Phil Okala will serve as COO for the health system's Philadelphia region.
• Lori Gustave will become senior vice president of business development for the health system.
2. St. Augustine, Fla.-based Flagler Hospital President and CEO Joe Gordy is departing, ending a 14-year tenure at the helm of the hospital.
3. Broomfield, Colo.-based SCL Health President and CEO Michael A. Slubowski is leaving for a leadership role at Trinity Health in Novi, Mich.
4. Mercy Regional Medical Center in Durango, Colo., tapped Will McConnell, PhD, to serve as president and CEO.
5. Kirkland, Wash.-based EvergreenHealth named Renée K. Jensen senior vice president and chief administrative officer for EvergreenHealth Monroe (Wash.), effective May 2017.
6. Duluth, Minn.-based Benedictine Health System President and CEO Rocklon B. Chapin is retiring.
7. The University of Vermont Health Network's Central Vermont Medical Center in Berlin selected Matthew Choate, BSN, RN, to serve as permanent CNO.
8. Sutter Solano Medical Center in Vallejo, Calif., appointed Abhishek Dosi CEO, effective April 3, 2017.
9. Cuyuna Regional Medical Center in Crosby, Minn., named Kyle Bauer permanent CEO.
10. Summit Pacific Medical Center, a critical access hospital in Elma, Wash., announced its CEO Renee Jensen decided not to renew her contract.
11. Dignity Health Woodland (Calif.) Memorial Hospital named Sarada Mylavarapu, MD, CMO.
12. Columbus (Neb.) Community Hospital named Dorothy Bybee, BSN, vice president of patient care services and CNO, effective April 17, 2017.
13. TriStar StoneCrest Medical Center in Smyrna, Tenn., selected Amy Cason, MSN, BSN, to serve as CNO.
14. Nashville, Tenn.-based Ardent Health Services appointed Paul Kappelman its new executive vice president and COO.
15. Frank R. Howard Memorial Hospital in Willits, Calif., appointed Judson Howe CFO.
16. Springs Memorial Hospital in Lancaster, S.C., appointed Richard Warrin COO.
17. Bismarck, N.D.-based CHI St. Alexius Health named Matt Grimshaw west region president, a newly created position.
18. New London, Conn.-based L+M Healthcare appointed Oliver Mayorga, MD, CMO.
19. Cape Girardeau, Mo.-based Saint Francis Healthcare System President and CEO Steven C. Bjelich is retiring, effective Sept. 1, 2017.
20. Athens, Ga.-based St. Mary's Health Care System appointed Montez Carter president of St. Mary's Hospital in Athens.
More articles on executive moves:
SCL Health CEO Michael Slubowski departs for Trinity Health: 5 things to know
Mercy Regional Medical Center names Will McConnell CEO: 4 takeaways
Renée Jensen is EvergreenHealth Monroe's new chief administrative officer: 6 things to know
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.