1. Virginia physician convicted on 52 charges related to billing fraud scheme Full story
2. 'We are about to enter COVID hell': Experts warn of most dangerous surge yet Full story
3. Oregon hospital replacing 2,000 computers after ransomware attack: 5 details Full story
4. COVID-19 hits some communities harder than others. Click here to learn how to eliminate disparities in care and improve service for the most vulnerable.
5. Court sides with UnitedHealth in mental health denial case Full story
6. Biden forms special 52-person COVID transition team Full story
7. Pennsylvania physician pays $850K to settle false billing case Full story
8. Does your health system know how to cut through the noise to best utilize the mass availability of data at its fingertips? Click here to learn 3 strategies to get the most out of your data.
9. COVID-19 task force absent from spotlight amid worsening pandemic Full story
10. RWJBarnabas Health to acquire 554-bed hospital Full story
11. AMA releases 2 COVID-19 vaccine codes Full story
12. Out-of-state Medicaid claims — An overlooked revenue opportunity in a revenue-lite year. Click here to read more.
13. Direct primary care provider acquires 230 clinics, changes name Full story
14. 5 states with the highest obesity rates Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 5 pillars for HAI prevention — what hospital leaders should know about the power of clean. Click here to find fact sheets and best practices.
2. Help your patients feel safe when returning for care they delayed by employing these action items. Click here for a roadmap to recovery.
3. Is your health system in compliance with the new CMS Condition of Participation? Click here for a compliance checklist and to find out if you meet minimum requirements.