1. 7 challenges to comparing prices for common hospital services Full story
2. Lawsuit accuses BCBS of Massachusetts of systematically allowing overpayments Full story
3. 1 dead in shooting at Ohio hospital, police say Full story
4. Most providers believe health plans have the final say in claims adjudication. But what about ERISA? Learn how providers can increase patient revenue by using ERISA appeals in this whitepaper.
5. 9 hospitals laying off workers Full story
6. HCA adopts performance bonus program for execs Full story
7. Anthem to give employees financial incentives to get COVID-19 vaccines Full story
8. Mission Health monitor to examine physician departures Full story
9. The last year has brought numerous changes for the healthcare revenue cycle and patient engagement. Take this 2 minute survey to share your feedback and attend a Becker's conference at no cost.
10. 31 numbers that show how big Epic, Cerner, Allscripts & Meditech are in healthcare Full story
11. Urgent care centers boost spending on low-acuity visits, study finds Full story
12. Optum's 8 biggest health IT acquisitions, investments in the past year Full story
13. Healthcare revenue cycle management must respond to shifting consumerism and patient engagement trends. Click here to learn how.
14. US to pause use of J&J vaccine following cases of rare blood clots Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. What would a 20% increase in billable charge volume look like for your organization? Read how to get there + increase revenue here.
2. Purchased services costs are expected to continue rising. Maximize your cost savings + improve contract terms with 10 criteria from this e-book. Download here.
3. Are you ready to purchase new medical equipment? Make sure you do these 5 things before you buy.