1. Hospitals barred from suing over $840M pay cut Full story
2. Former U of Kansas Medical Center administrator pleads guilty to embezzling $500K Full story
3. Tenet records $414M profit in Q4, plans to retire debt Full story
4. Recent payer-provider collaboration signifies a paradigm shift in healthcare. Click here to learn why payers, providers and patients stand to benefit.
5. Centene to reduce workforce by 3,000 Full story
6. 7 recent payer-provider contract agreements, conflicts Full story
7. 1 dead, 4 injured in shooting at Allina Health clinic Full story
8. Outgoing UnitedHealth CEO to get pay for 2 years Full story
9. 80% of CNOs have trouble recruiting nurses. Click here to find out how a national licensing model would help.
10. Proposed ACA changes in COVID-19 relief bill: 5 things to know Full story
11. Humana, Roche settle false claims lawsuit for $12.5M Full story
12. Hackers hit Nebraska Medical Center, U of Nebraska with malware, steal patient and employee records Full story
13. Ready for a change? Stay up to date on new job openings in the healthcare industry here.
14. 11 numbers that show how big Optum's role in healthcare is Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Hospital renovations can disrupt sterile processing. Click here to learn how to maintain uptime processing and maintain surgical volume.
2. Hospital finance leaders must be "specifically specific." Download this guide to learn what that means.
3. One in five nurses leave their first job within a year. Download this whitepaper to learn how to build residency programs that accelerate new nurse readiness.