1. 10 emerging trends in health IT for 2021 Full story
2. A week of mixed COVID-19 news: 6 takeaways Full story
3. Georgia hospital reports 550 daily cyberattack attempts on its Epic MyChart system Full story
4. A roadmap to EMR optimization — insights from UW Health. Click here to watch the virtual presentation.
5. U of California-Irvine develops model to predict COVID-19 outcomes: 5 details Full story
6. Apple's 7 latest health-related job openings Full story
7. Health systems with health plans saw less of financial fallout from COVID-19, PwC says Full story
8. Kentucky hospital to install Epic EHR: 3 details Full story
9. 3 Must Reads
- 11 must-reads for hospital leaders looking to get the most out of their IT investments in 2021. Click here to read more.
- 1/3 of primary care physicians aren't notified when their patient is hospitalized. Click here to learn how to drive down readmissions through better communication.
- OR optimization case study: Lessons from Erlanger Health System and Baystate Health. Click here to read the report.
10. Telemedicine creates big cybersecurity risks, Harvard researchers say Full story
11. ProMedica rolls out tech-enabled offering for hospital-level care at home Full story
12. 4 recent health IT exec moves Full story
13. Mayo Clinic adds hot spot data to its COVID-19 map Full story
14. Back to school: How Children's Health in Dallas is using virtual care to support students, parents & faculty. Click here to attend the live discussion.
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. An paper-based informed consent process can put your system at legal and financial risk. Click here to learn how one health system made it mobile.
2. How front-line providers are reshaping the pillars of patient safety. Click here to read the report.
3. Don't risk putting off archiving legacy systems. Click here to learn how to do it quickly and securely using today’s Cloud technologies.