1. US sees 2 million COVID-19 cases in 2 weeks Full story
2. Epic in the headlines: 7 latest stories Full story
3. CDC may shorten 14-day COVID-19 quarantine recommendation Full story
4. Your input is needed! Becker's Healthcare is hosting a survey focused on healthcare priorities for 2021. Click here to fill out the 5 minute survey to receive a complementary badge to a Becker's conference and an e-book of the findings.
5. Harvard Pilgrim software issue caused patient info breach: 4 details Full story
6. On-site vs. remote work for IT teams: 5 execs share their approaches Full story
7. Surgery guidance updated for hospitals struggling with capacity constraints Full story
8. Ohio lab tech issues delay COVID-19 data; virus spread 'dramatically' affects health systems' ability to care for patients Full story
9. The pandemic has intensified the U.S. opioid crisis, but 8 organizations have seen success in their efforts to curb the opioid epidemic. Click here to learn more.
10. Colorado governor allows at-capacity hospitals to transfer, deny patients Full story
11. Former Providence exec joins health tech PE firm Full story
12. Sanford Health CEO is out Full story
13. States that earned an F in social distancing Full story
14. From clipboards to tablets: Building healthcare's digital infrastructure. Click here to read more.
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Continuous clinical surveillance may be the key to mitigating adverse events for good. Click here to lean more.
2. The solution to patient hesitancy: How remote intake can help increase volumes without crowding the waiting room. Click here to read more.
3. Crisis management, the cloud and the CIO — A technology-focused overview of healthcare's rapid response to COVID-19.