1. IT vendor pays ransom to recover nearly 30,000 patients' stolen data Full story
2. New York physician charged with manslaughter in patient death Full story
3. 16 recent hospital, health system executive moves Full story
4. Digital transformation on the clinical side isn't enough — patients expect big advancements on the financial front too. Revamp your organization's digital framework with tips from industry experts during this virtual discussion.
5. Cerner settles employees' retirement plan fees lawsuit for $4M Full story
6. Woman dies after contracting COVID-19 from donor lungs Full story
7. New Mexico hospital's computer network hacked Full story
8. CHS reports $1.6B in proceeds from selling 40 hospitals Full story
9. Your hospital needs to make the right decisions at the right times. Click here to register for Becker's Enterprise Imaging Virtual Event and learn how to ensure the right calls gets made.
10. GoodRx offers Texans free telehealth throughout February Full story
11. 'Vaccine alarmism': Is ambiguous public messaging hindering COVID-19 vaccination rates? Full story
12. Facebook stops collection of user health data after New York investigation Full story
13. WVU Medicine is alleviating administrative bottlenecks with AI, and they're just getting started. Click here to find out how adopting automation can benefit your enterprise.
14. Des Moines University's new telehealth center to create nearly 700 jobs Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. COVID-19 won't be our last pandemic. Learn how to solidify your emergency plan for future pandemics and crises here.
2. The COVID-19 vaccine is here and patients have questions. Click here to ensure a smooth rollout with communication templates from this E-Book.
3. How ready is your hospital to comply with CMS's new interoperability and patient access rule? Click here to learn how to efficiently implement the necessary changes.