1. Hackers altered Moderna, Pfizer data before posting online to undermine public's trust in vaccines Full story
2. Fired Florida COVID-19 data scientist turns herself in Full story
3. Houston hospital closes over unpaid rent Full story
4. The bridge between the consumer experience clinical care — How Saint Joseph Mercy Health System is engaging patients and detecting cancer early. Click here to attend the virtual event.
5. Optum to buy Change Healthcare for $13B & 16 other health IT notes Full story
6. 21 recent hospital, health system executive moves Full story
7. Excellus BCBS pays $5.1M to settle data breach affecting 9.3 million people Full story
8. Rhode Island physician deliberately exposed patients, staff to COVID-19, health director finds Full story
9. Don't Miss Learning Opportunities:
- How well does your organization understand consumer attitudes toward telehealth? Download this ebook to better understand why patients are accepting or not accepting virtual care options.
- How strong is your organization's digital front door? Click here to learn how to create an omni-channel experience that increases efficiency and patient satisfaction.
- How to minimize the financial loses and promote surge preparedness — Lessons from a pandemic. Click here to download the e-book.
10. Are proposed HIPAA changes good for healthcare? 3 hospital execs weigh in Full story
11. 16 hospitals, health systems seeking Allscripts, Cerner, Epic, Meditech talent Full story
12. California hospital pays employees $300 to get COVID-19 vaccine Full story
13. Telehealth sustainability: How Northwell Health built its virtual care program for the long haul. Click here to attend the live presentation.
14. Former Froedtert Health employee wrongfully viewed 760 patient records, health system says Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The 5 phases of a third-party data breach + prevention strategies for hospitals. Click here to read more.
2. Outsourcing can be an innovative way to stay competitive in today’s hospital market. Click here to learn how one health system achieved this via a strategic revenue cycle partnership.
3. There's a surplus of healthcare data, but does your health system know how to extract insights from it? Click here to learn data-driven, practical ways to innovate and increase efficiency.