1. 6 hospitals laying off workers Full story
2. NorthShore, Edward Elmhurst in talks to create 9-hospital system Full story
3. 'Doctors and hospitals are not in the blame and punishment business' Full story
4. It's time for health systems to get ahead of labor costs. Click here to learn more.
5. Medical Properties Trust buys 5 Florida hospitals for $900M Full story
6. OIG tags 820-bed Kentucky hospital for alleged billing errors Full story
7. Labs unable to specify which COVID-19 variant patients have Full story
8. Fortune: 25 top MBA programs Full story
9. Chief quality officers on how they're preparing for CMS' new glycemic management measures. Here's what your hospital needs to know.
10. Delta variant creates setbacks in hospital financial recovery Full story
11. 10 hospitals hiring VPs Full story
12. Florida physicians convene, urge unvaccinated to get COVID-19 shots Full story
13. Your team needs radical common sense. Learn why human understanding is the key to a more responsive health system.
14. 19 key financial benchmarks for health systems Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Can analytics solve hospitals' capacity issues? Here's what leaders from CommonSpirit, Mount Sinai and others think.
2. 18,000 consumers weighed in on customer experience preferences. Here are 4 need-to-know takeaways for healthcare organizations.
3. Do your diversity and inclusion efforts touch vendor sourcing? Here's why they should.