1. Insurer says policy doesn't cover Carilion's $150M in COVID-19 losses; asks court to toss suit Full story
2. Cybersecurity insurance costs spike up to 30% amid surges in ransomware attacks, GAO report finds Full story
3. Massachusetts hospital to lay off 56 employees, warns of more cuts without aid Full story
4. Virtual + in-person = whole-person care. Click here to learn how leading hospitals are integrating telehealth and traditional care to achieve optimal outcomes.
5. Google, HCA partner for health algorithms: 7 things to know Full story
6. New York health system to outsource 500 IT, RCM jobs to Optum Full story
7. 10 hospitals seeking CFOs Full story
8. Mayo Clinic Health System to close 6 clinics Full story
9. Best practices to improve prescription drug plan performance. Two industry experts weigh in here.
10. Meet new CMS Administrator Chiquita Brooks-LaSure: 4 things to know Full story
11. U of Iowa reapplies to build $230M hospital after rejection Full story
12. 9 health systems opening hospitals Full story
13. What would a 20% increase in billable charge volume look like for your organization? Read how to get there + increase revenue here.
14. 10 most, least racially inclusive hospitals: Lown Institute Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. More than half of providers will invest in automation in the next 3 years. What's your game plan? Get best practices in this guide.
2. Patients crave a better telehealth experience. Click here for a 3-step guide to boost efficiency.
3. Early connection with patients saves money in the long run. Learn how to best collect payment from all sources in this guide.