1. Rhode Island hospital finance chief dodged 2 layoff attempts in the last year Full story
2. U of Miami to pay $22M, allegedly converted physician offices to run up bills Full story
3. FTC asks judge to halt acquisition of New Jersey hospital system Full story
4. Greater visibility for implant lifecycles reduces your organization’s spend. Click here to learn why — and how it will also improve care and compliance.
5. 8 hospitals laying off workers Full story
6. Physicians see fewer recruiting offers Full story
7. US sees fewer than 40,000 new COVID-19 cases for 3rd straight day Full story
8. Tennessee to revise certificate-of-need law, increasing fees for hospitals, exempting others Full story
9. Your health system can bridge the gap between behavioral and physical health. Click here to find out how technology plays a part.
10. UMass Memorial to launch insurance company Full story
11. Dartmouth accuses 17 medical students of online cheating Full story
12. Ascension St. Vincent plans $325M expansion Full story
13. Healthcare workers need real-time access to tools and information to excel. A better digital employee experience is possible. Click here to get started.
14. Private equity pushes into healthcare: 8 recent deals Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. COVID-19 changed research access trends. Learn what this means for improvement care strategies here.
2. Health systems want a partner, not just a supplier. Learn how to form strong value-based partnerships with them here.
3. Close care gaps for good. Learn how UPMC and Winchester Hospital are using real-time ADT notifications to improve care coordination and outcomes in this short case study.