1. HCA buys rural Georgia hospital for $73M Full story
2. Texas hospital says state has spent $24M to keep infant alive, files appeal to end life support Full story
3. Why are physicians fleeing this North Carolina hospital? City seeks attorney general probe Full story
4. Health system identifies and saves $2M in one service area in 4 months. See how.
5. Indiana healthcare system to take over closed Tennessee hospital Full story
6. Cigna won't get $1.9B breakup fee from Anthem, court rules Full story
7. Value of healthcare IPOs more than double to $13.8B in Q1 Full story
8. 10 top hospitals for avoiding unnecessary services: Lown Institute Full story
9. Patients are demanding providers give them the same convenience they get from retail. Click here to learn how digital patient engagement increases satisfaction, safety and net revenue.
10. Shuttered Oklahoma hospital opens under new owner Full story
11. UnitedHealthcare, Renown at contract impasse over requested 16% price increase Full story
12. 308-bed Steward hospital becomes teaching facility of Boston University med school Full story
13. Carilion Clinic doubled a registration goal of 15,000 patients for its payment tool. Here's how.
14. Hospital M&A update: 11 recent deals Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Over 75% of healthcare execs are failing to use APIs at scale. Click here to learn how to effectively embrace the technology.
2. Are you ready to purchase new medical equipment? Make sure you do these 5 things before you buy.
3. Purchased services costs are expected to continue rising. Maximize your cost savings + improve contract terms with 10 criteria from this e-book. Download here.