Listen to highlights of key stories in our daily briefing podcast.
1. Los Angeles hospital closing after 74 years Full story
2. A top Walmart healthcare executive resigns Full story
3. 'A gut punch': Florida hospitals slam $500M in proposed Medicaid cuts Full story
4. Basic revenue cycle functions failed to meet a growing New Jersey health system's needs. Hear how its COO changed strategy in this webinar.
5. 10 numbers show how big Cerner is in healthcare Full story
6. California hospitals sue attorney general over conditions for affiliation Full story
7. Northwell hospital charged 30x more for COVID-19 tests in its ED Full story
8. Geisinger, Acadia form joint venture Full story
9. Safety net providers are losing millions in potential revenue tied to 340B. Learn how to make the most of the drug discount program during this virtual discussion. Join here.
10. 474 have been criminally charged with fraud linked to COVID-19 funds, Justice Department says Full story
11. Unity Health buys shuttered Arkansas hospital Full story
12. Former Illinois hospital supervisor accused of embezzling $218K Full story
13. Outsourcing can be an innovative way to stay competitive in today's hospital market. Click here to learn how one health system achieved this via a strategic revenue cycle partnership.
14. Pfizer says its vaccine is 100% effective in preventing COVID-19 in adolescents Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Manual processes fail in the work from home era. Learn how to cultivate a robust digital strategy and boost clinician engagement with tips from this whitepaper. Download here.
2. 7 simple strategies to boost nurse satisfaction + optimize staffing. Download the whitepaper here.
3. There are new guidelines to prevent pressure injuries at U.S. hospitals. Click here for key findings on studies outlining new technology's role.