1. Biden signs healthcare executive actions: 5 things to know Full story
2. Sutter Health cuts 200 jobs Full story
3. HCA: Exec wasn't disciplined after California hospital broke vaccine protocol Full story
4. New surprise billing regs raise questions for providers. Click here for answers.
5. 8 hospitals ending services, closing departments Full story
6. 2 Virginia hospital CEOs resign Full story
7. 'Birthday rule' leaves parents with $270K hospital bill Full story
8. 2 patients die at Maryland hospital after oxygen valve mistakenly turned off Full story
9. Click here to learn how Alcon achieved better sales and increased revenue by using configure, price and quote software.
10. Athenahealth settles kickback allegations for $18M+ Full story
11. Blue Shield of California to oversee state's COVID-19 vaccine distribution Full story
12. New Jersey physician gets 33 months in prison for role in $24M telemedicine scheme Full story
13. It costs a minimum of $25 each time an outpatient claim needs to be resolved. Click here to learn how to improve your outpatient hospital claim strategy and drive more revenue.
14. 17 healthcare companies offering most remote jobs Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Cutting headcount alone won't transform costs. Read this eBook to learn what models are actually working for executives from 9 systems.
2. How to minimize the financial losses and promote surge preparedness — Lessons from a pandemic. Click here to download the e-book.
3. Hospital finance leaders must be "specifically specific." Download this guide to learn what that means.