1. 11 hospitals temporarily, permanently closing services because of staffing shortages Full story
2. North Carolina physician faces charges over $46M in Medicare billings Full story
3. Baylor Scott & White CEO retires, joins private equity firm Full story
4. Penn Medicine met revenue cycle labor shortages with revolutionary efficiency — here's how.
5. 43 recent hospital, health system executive moves Full story
6. Hospitals see more patients 'with COVID-19' vs. 'for COVID-19' Full story
7. RWJBarnabas Health adds 12th hospital Full story
8. Walmart loses health executive Full story
9. Hefty fines for not complying with price transparency are on the way. Here's how hospitals can avoid them.
10. New York governor proposes $10B to bolster healthcare workforce Full story
11. Smoke damage closes Colorado hospital for foreseeable future Full story
12. 13 states set COVID-19 hospitalization records this week Full story
13. When it comes to hospital safety, optics matter. Get best practices on how to market your hospital's safety + infection control efforts here.
14. What Elizabeth Holmes' convictions mean for the health tech industry Full story
15. 10 worst, best cities for an active lifestyle Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 98% of healthcare leaders say they have an AI strategy. Read Optum's annual AI survey so your strategy can stand out.
2. Cerner is making true interoperability a reality. Click here to learn how to move beyond connectivity.
3. The total joint market is growing even faster than you think. Here's how one Oregon ASC is making the most of it.