1. Staff at hospitals in DC, Texas turn down COVID-19 vaccine Full story
2. 37 hospital CEO retirements announced in 2020 Full story
3. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
4. Outsourcing can be an innovative way to stay competitive in today's hospital market. Click here to learn how one health system achieved this via a strategic revenue cycle partnership.
5. Congress passes COVID-19 relief, spending bill: Here's what hospitals should know Full story
6. UK variant may already be in US, Fauci says; air travel spikes despite health warnings — 6 COVID-19 updates Full story
7. 3 Must Reads
- What do nearly 4k patients say about the healthcare financial experience? Click here to see the results of the 2020 survey.
- The key to a more financially productive primary care practice is the membership-based model. Click here to learn how 1,100 successful practices have followed that path.
- Does your laboratory have the right IT tools to weather the COVID-19 storm? Download this white paper to understand which tools will help you face challenges most efficiently.
8. Mayo Clinic returns nearly half its federal COVID-19 aid Full story
9. Cardiologist claims Colorado system fired her 1 day after she told CEO concerns of understaffing Full story
10. Your input is needed! Becker's Healthcare is hosting a survey focused on Hospital Readiness in 2021. Click here to fill out the 5 minute survey to receive a complementary badge to a Becker's conference and an e-book of the findings.
11. South Carolina hospital CEO says Leapfrog is 'increasingly irrelevant,' disputes failing safety grade Full story
12. Stanford Medicine apologizes for vaccine distribution process that passed over residents Full story
13. Kaiser to give 85,000 staff 'hero bonus' Full story
14. South Carolina health system CEO to step down after 12 years Full story
15. 15 recent hospital, health system executive moves Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 11 must-reads for hospital leaders looking to get the most out of their IT investments in 2021. Click here to read more.
2. The telehealth connection: How technology is revolutionizing remote patient care. Click here to read the report.
3. What a decade of claims data says about the state of patient safety. Click here to read the full report.