1. Hospital CEOs among first to get COVID-19 vaccine to send public message Full story
2. US cases up 51% in 1 month; surges slow in some Midwest states — 6 COVID-19 updates Full story
3. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
4. 5 strategic talent management initiatives will fuel meaningful change for hospitals & health systems in 2021. Learn more.
5. Pandemic pressure is pushing health officials to resign Full story
6. Chicago's Mercy Hospital can't close, Illinois regulators say Full story
7. The 2020 Employee Benefits + Health Plan Survey for Hospitals and Health Systems. Click here to participate and receive a complimentary badge to a future Becker's conference.
8. 4 health systems expanding overseas Full story
9. The CIO's transformational role: 3 execs share how the position has evolved to 'COO by proxy' Full story
10. 3 Must Reads:
- How Spectrum Health, Duke University Health System and others are taking a more comprehensive approach to workforce management. Click here to read more.
- 11 must-reads for hospital leaders looking to get the most out of their IT investments in 2021. Click here to read more.
- The telehealth connection: How technology is revolutionizing remote patient care. Click here to read the report.
11. Illinois health system CEO to retire Full story
12. Former owner of healthcare staffing firm charged with wage-fixing Full story
13. Why pay for public hospital CEOs is kept secret in Indiana Full story
14. Johns Hopkins creates COVID-19 death risk calculator Full story
15. America's healthiest, unhealthiest states for 2020 Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. What a decade of claims data says about the state of patient safety. Click here to read the full report.
2. 4 steps to increase patient volumes and facilitate revenue recovery in 2021. Click here to download the guidebook.
3. How front-line providers are reshaping the pillars of patient safety. Click here to read the report.