1. Omicron could spark 'viral blizzard' in coming weeks, top epidemiologist says Full story
2. US faces pressure to keep up with heightened COVID-19 test demand Full story
3. Oracle to acquire Cerner for $28B: 8 things to know Full story
4. 6 steps to combat labor shortages and other operational side effects of COVID-19
5. Dr. Ashish Jha: Omicron demands a nuanced frame of mind — and a clear plan Full story
6. Saint Vincent, nurses union reach tentative deal to end 9-month strike Full story
7. Don't let the telehealth push pinch workflows. Here's how to balance patient and staff needs.
8. Moderna: Early data shows booster works against omicron Full story
9. 18 healthcare organizations suspending COVID-19 vaccination mandates Full story
10. OSHA to begin citations Jan. 10 after Biden's vaccine-or-test mandate reinstated for businesses Full story
11. Healthcare lags other industries in digital access. Click here to learn why a better online patient experience will pay off for your organization.
12. OSU Wexner delays some nonemergent surgeries Full story
13. FBI investigating vaccinations at Chicago hospital CEO's church Full story
14. US blood supply 'dangerously low,' 3 organizations warn Full story
15. CMS rule will fund 1,000 Medicare residency slots to address workforce shortages Full story
16. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Health systems can't be consumer-friendly without complete data — learn more here.
2. Hefty fines for not complying with price transparency are on the way. Here's how hospitals can avoid them.
3. CMS mandating bundled payments requires hospital-physician synergy — here's how to achieve it.
Follow us on social media:
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn