1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. Pfizer vaccine nears emergency approval; daily COVID-19 deaths may surpass 9/11 toll for months, Redfield says -- 5 updates Full story
3. New Sanford Health CEO shakes up leadership team Full story
4. We're in the business of helping hospitals save lives. Now more than ever, ventilators are a vital tool in hospitals, and Philips has a robust set of ventilation solutions that can help you help your patients.
5. Tennessee hospital shuts down Full story
6. New Mexico suspends elective surgeries, opens door for care rationing Full story
7. From the COVID-19 front lines: What healthcare workers want their leaders to know Full story
8. Your valued insight is requested - We'd love your feedback in the 2020 Employee Benefits/Health Plan Survey for Hospitals and Health Systems. Survey participants will receive a complimentary badge to a Becker's Hospital Review Conference.
9. FTC seeks emergency halt to Philadelphia hospital merger Full story
10. Stanford Medicine, Dignity Health ink affiliation agreement Full story
11. 3 Must Reads:
- 4 steps to increase patient volumes and facilitate revenue recovery in 2021. Click here to download the guidebook.
- Why universal patient decolonization is key in the age of COVID-19. Click here to download the whitepaper.
- Chronic conditions can be controlled with better management. Learn how one health system took a whole-person approach and achieved results.
12. California workers at 3 HCA hospitals OK potential strike Full story
13. 10 states with the highest, lowest priority population for COVID-19 vaccines Full story
14. 1/3 of primary care physicians aren't notified when their patient is hospitalized. Click here to learn how to drive down readmissions through better communication.
15. Global study confirms men at higher risk for COVID-19 complications, death Full story
16. Private equity pushes into healthcare: 9 latest deals Full story