This week's 5 must-reads for hospital RCM leaders
Here are five articles published by Becker's Hospital Review this past week offering insight on chargemaster prices, using data analytics to improve revenue cycle management performance, hospitals' Medicaid Disproportionate Share Hospital payments and more.
1. Change Healthcare adds 2 collection services, Zotec extends Desert Radiology agreement & more — 11 RCM key notes
Here are 11 recent updates on revenue cycle management companies.
2. RCM tip of the day: Invest in a shared data platform
When it comes to improving revenue cycle management performance, there is ample room for collaboration between providers and payers, according to Bruce Carver, associate vice president of payer services at MedeAnalytics.
3. Chargemaster prices have 'limited relationship' to hospital quality at best, study finds
A study in Health Affairs found although hospitals' chargemasters may reflect strategic business decisions, they do not have a significant relationship with quality of care provided.
4. How hospitals can use data analytics to improve RCM performance: 4 thoughts from Change Healthcare's Marcy Tatsch
As hospitals and health systems look to improve revenue cycle management performance, they can gain a myriad of insights through data analytics.
5. CMS releases final rule on Medicaid DSH calculation: 4 things to know
CMS issued a final rule March 30 addressing how Medicare and other third-party payments are treated when calculating hospitals' Medicaid Disproportionate Share Hospital payments.
More articles on healthcare finance:
Hedge fund looks to take control as Adeptus Health heads for bankruptcy
ABILITY Network acquires ShiftHound
Change Healthcare adds 2 services to enhance provider collections
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.