For-profit hospital stock report: Week of March 13-17
All five major for-profit hospital operators saw their stock prices fall last week.
Dallas-based Tenet Healthcare saw the largest decrease in share price, with shares falling 7.7 percent.
Franklin, Tenn.-based Community Health Systems saw its share price fall 0.5 percent, the least of any of the major for-profit hospital operators.
Here is how the five operators stacked up.
- Community Health Systems (Franklin, Tenn.): $9.34 per share (down 0.5 percent)
- HCA Holdings (Nashville, Tenn.): $84.59 per share (down 1.4 percent)
- LifePoint Health (Brentwood, Tenn.): $62.10 per share (down 2.2 percent)
- Tenet Healthcare (Dallas): $17.95 per share (down 7.7 percent)
- Universal Health Services (King of Prussia, Pa.): $120.08 per share (down 1.5 percent)
More articles on healthcare finance:
7 latest hospital credit downgrades
7 states addressing surprise medical billing so far in 2017
Chinese billionaire investor may become more active in CHS' governance
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.