5 hospitals with strong finances
Here are five hospitals and health systems with strong operational metrics and solid financial positions based on recent reports from Moody's Investors Service, Fitch Ratings and S&P Global Ratings.
Note: This is not an exhaustive list. Hospital and health system names were compiled from recent credit rating reports and are listed in alphabetical order.
1. Los Angeles-based Cedars-Sinai Medical Center has an "Aa3" rating and stable outlook with Moody's and an "AA-" rating and stable outlook with Fitch. The hospital has strong profitability, solid market position and growing liquidity, according to Fitch.
2. Baltimore-based Johns Hopkins Health System has an "AA-" rating and stable outlook with Fitch and an "AA-" rating and stable outlook with S&P. The health system has a world-renowned clinical reputation and solid liquidity, according to Fitch.
3. Traverse City, Mich.-based Munson Healthcare has an "AA-" rating and stable outlook with Fitch. The system has solid liquidity, a leading market position and a track record of operating profitability, according to Fitch.
4. Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus, Ohio, has an "Aa2" rating and stable outlook with Moody's. The hospital has a dominant and growing market position, strong cash flow margins and solid revenue growth, according to Moody's.
5. Sanford (Calif.) Health Care has an "Aa3" rating and stable outlook with Moody's. The system has above average revenue growth and a solid market position, according to Moody's.
More articles on healthcare finance:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.