Sponsored by TeleTracking | info@teletracking.com | 1.800.927.0294

Patient smoking in room starts fire at Florida hospital

A small fire forced Largo (Fla.) Medical Center to relocate nearly 20 patients July 18, reports ABC affiliate WFTS.

The fire occurred at 2:24 a.m. on the hospital's fourth floor. A patient was smoking in a hospital room and threw the cigarette butt in a trash can, which caught fire, according to fire officials.

Hospital employees extinguished the fire before firefighters arrived on the scene. Nurses also moved 18 patients to new rooms due to smoke. No injuries were reported.

It is not clear whether the patient will face repercussions for smoking in the hospital, which is prohibited.

More articles on patient flow:
$100M NYC public hospital program aims to wean uninsured off ER visits
US medical tourism company Doctours expands to 35 countries
California hospital reopens after 2 earthquakes force closures, evacuation

© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2019. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.

 

Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months