Sponsored by TeleTracking | info@teletracking.com | 1.800.927.0294

Mississippi hospital patient lights fire in room, prompting evacuation

Baptist Memorial Hospital-Desoto in Southaven, Miss., evacuated a dozen patients June 24 due to a fire, reports Fox13 Memphis.

Baptist Memorial officials said a patient attempted to light a couch on fire in a hospital room. The smoke set off the facility's sprinkler system, forcing the hospital to evacuate 12 patients.

The patients were moved to different rooms in the hospital. The facility's 9th floor was still evacuated as of 9:57 a.m. on June 24.

More articles on patient flow:

Car crashes into Ohio hospital, injuring patient
Rush to permanently close pediatric mental health unit
Cosmetics send child to ED every 2 hours

© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2019. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.

 

Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months