Sponsored by VMG Health | info@vmghealth.com | 214.369.4888

CHRISTUS Health expands further into North Texas

Irving, Texas-based CHRISTUS Health has finalized a joint venture agreement with Hopkins County Hospital District, a one-hospital system in Sulphur Springs, Texas.

Under terms of the deal, the venture will be led by a new organization called CHRISTUS Hopkins Health. CHRISTUS will own 51 percent of CHHA and Hopkins will own the other 49 percent.

"We decided if we were going to survive and prosper in this new healthcare era, we must merge with a larger organization," said Hopkins Board Member Joe Bob Burgin. "After months of evaluation, we unanimously agreed CHRISTUS Health was the one for Hopkins and our community."

CHRISTUS said the agreement could take effect as early as July 1. When the deal closes, 96-bed Hopkins County Memorial Hospital's name will change to CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital-Sulphur Springs, and the clinics will change to CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic-Sulphur Springs and CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic-Emory (Texas).  

More articles on healthcare industry transactions:

UPMC's takeover of WCA Hospital moves forward
Prospect Medical Holdings to pay $300M for Crozer-Keystone
5 recent hospital transactions and partnerships

Copyright © 2024 Becker's Healthcare. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Cookie Policy. Linking and Reprinting Policy.


Featured Whitepapers

Featured Webinars