1. Mayo Clinic returns nearly half its federal COVID-19 aid Full story
2. Ambulances remain exempt from surprise-billing legislation Full story
3. Hospitals will have 3 more months to audit COVID-19 grants Full story
4. Outsourcing can be an innovative way to stay competitive in today's hospital market. Click here to learn how one health system achieved this via a strategic revenue cycle partnership.
5. Lawsuit accuses Aetna of systematically denying coverage for cancer treatment Full story
6. Epic, Cerner lead in EHR interoperability, KLAS finds Full story
7. Staff at hospitals in DC, Texas turn down COVID-19 vaccine Full story
8. 3 Must Reads:
- How well do you understand consumer attitudes toward medical billing and payment? Download this white paper to discover how patients approach and interpret healthcare bills.
- Does your organization have a digital, frictionless billing and payment system? Download this white paper to learn how to innovate the patient financial experience.
- What can CFOs learn from an analysis of more than 100M hospital transactions? Click here to read the 2020 Denials Index.
9. Cardiologist claims Colorado system fired her 1 day after she told CEO concerns of understaffing Full story
10. Trump demands changes to COVID-19 relief bill Full story
11. The biggest reimbursement challenges in oncology: 6 leaders weigh in Full story
12. What do nearly 4k patients say about the healthcare financial experience? Click here to see the results of the 2020 survey.
13. New York pharmacy owners charged in $30M COVID-19 scam Full story
14. CMS proposes coverage update for blood-derived products Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Are your clinical assets generating the returns your health system needs? Download this white paper to learn how you can maximize your return on invested capital.
2. The key to a more financially productive primary care practice is the membership-based model. Click here to learn how 1,100 successful practices have followed that path.
3. Does your laboratory have the right IT tools to weather the COVID-19 storm? Download this white paper to understand which tools will help you face challenges most efficiently.